Christian County Master Gardeners present ‘On the Wild Side’ gardening tips
Christian County Master Gardeners (CCMG) will present its third annual, “On the Wild Side,” class from 1-4 p.m. Oct. 15, at the Ozark Community Center, 1530 W. Jackson St. in Ozark.
Instead of the usual tips on what, when and where to plant and maintain a garden, the presenters will focus on the unusual and uncommon – though perhaps not so uncommon in recent decades or even centuries.
Topics to be demonstrated and covered in the free class are:
- CCMG’s J.J. Leek of Ozark on “Making Fruit Letters” (similar to fruit roll-ups)
- CCMG’s Marla Hull of Sparta on “Growing Onions from Seed” and “Making Salves from the Garden”
- Doyle and Mary Yoder of Ozark on “Pressing Apple Cider” using their cider mill
Register to attend the class at the University of Missouri Extension office in Ozark or call 417-581-3558.
In addition to free classes at the OC, CCMG:
- Maintains a demonstration vegetable garden at the OC
- Maintains flower gardens and landscaping in Ozark, Nixa and Clever
- Staffs a gardening hotline, Monday to Friday, 9-12, from mid-March to mid-October at the Extension office
- Hosts free public seminars
- Writes a gardening column in the Christian County Headliner News