Hickory Hills School Plant Sale continues through Oct. 1, 2015
Note: The plant sale featured in this article has been extended through the remainder of October.
Hickory Hills may or may not be the only elementary school in the Ozarks where students turn their gardens into a fund-raiser, but we sure like what they’re selling. The native plant sale is going to take place at, Hickory Hills School September 15 thru Oct. 1 at the school building located 1.5 miles east of U.S. 65 at 4650 E. Division St. in Springfield from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. each day that school is open. If you have a question about the sale, call 417-523-7100. If you have a question about the plants, please call Kay Johnson 417-887-5131, a member of Master Gardeners of Greene County. You can read more about the Greenhouse Project and Kay’s volunteer efforts here.
Here is a plant list, including the number of plants available:
- 82 Foxglove beardtongue white.
- 161 Black eyed susan yellow.
- 100 Blue lobelia.
- 28 Blue sage.
- 600 Butterfly weed orange.
- 100 Cardinal flower (one of the true bright reds only 3 true bright reds)
- 84 Columbine red & yellow
- 80 Coneflower unknown color blooms early
- 15 False blue indigo blue
- 61 Golden alexander yellow
- 6 Little bluestem tan in winter
- 352 Milkweed swamp light lavender
- 207 Missouri primrose large yellow bloom in evening beautiful
- 106 Obedient plant white
- 82 New england aster (pink, we think)
- 5 New england aster purple
- 41 Prairie dropseed grass
- 127 Purple coneflower redish or pinkish purple
- 33 Purple poppy mallow red wine colored
- 36 Rough blazing star reddish purple
- 145 Royal catchfly one of the true bright reds only 3 true bright reds
- 154 Rose verbena pinkish blue
- 61 Sand phlox pink succulent
- 62 Showy coneflower very good yellow