MDC tree pruning workshops scheduled for November
A series of free programs will provide tips on the proper pruning
JOPLIN, Mo. – Winter is the prime time to prune trees. That means now is a good time for homeowners and landowners to get helpful advice on tree work they will be doing in the months ahead. But it’s more than pruning we sometimes do to trees. Often we plant the wrong tree in the wrong place.
People can get information on tree pruning at several Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) tree pruning workshops scheduled for November in the southwest part of the state. Among the information that will be covered will be proper techniques and which tools work best for specific types of jobs. All workshops are free.
Here is a schedule of the upcoming workshops:
- Nov. 9 at 6:30 p.m., a workshop will be held at the Stockton Family Clinic (807 Owen Mill Road) in Stockton.
- Nov. 12 at 6:30 p.m., a clinic will be held at the Cassville City Council Chambers at 300 Main St. Attendees should use the entrance in back of the building.
- Nov. 14 at 9 a.m., the Missouri Community Forestry Council will conduct a hands-on pruning demonstration at Parr Hill Park in Joplin.
- Nov. 21 at 10 a.m., the Carthage Tree Board will conduct a hands-on pruning demonstration at Central Park in Carthage.
- Nov. 23 at 6:30 p.m., a workshop will be held at the Wildcat Glades Conservation and Audubon Center, 201 W. Riviera Drive in Joplin.
Registration is requested, but not required for these events. To register or to get more information, call the Joplin MDC office at 417-629-3423 or e-mail MDC Community Forester Jon Skinner at email@example.com. For more on backyard tree care, go online to http://mdc.mo.gov/your-property/your-trees-and-woods/backyard-tree-care.