Park yourself at the Haunted Trail of Horrors and get spooked
Brave the Haunted Trail of Horrors or tour the kids’ Halloween Fun Field every Friday and Saturday night Oct. 2-3 through 23-24, from 6-10 p.m., at Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park, 3825 W. Farm Rd. 146, Springfield.
The Haunted Trail of Horrors includes a hayride to the trail entrance, where courageous souls are dropped off to explore a spooky quarter-mile loop through the woods. Participants may encounter a number of terrifying characters. Only kids age 8 and older are allowed, and kids 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Admission is $5.
The Halloween Fun Field also includes a hayride, then a walk through a kid-friendly Halloween display in a field of sunflowers. Kids face barnyard challenges and receive a Halloween goody bag. Designed for kids 10 and younger. Kids 11 and older only allowed if chaperoning a younger child. Admission is $3, no charge for chaperones.
Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park’s Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze also stay open late Fridays and Saturdays through Oct. 23-24. Pumpkins are sold by weight. Corn Maze admission is $3 for adults 12 and older, $2 for kids 5-11. Kids 4 and under are free.
Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park’s annual Harvest Fest also continues Saturdays, 11 a.m.- 6 p.m., and Sundays, noon-6 p.m., through Oct. 25, with fall-themed family fun at Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park. Admission is free, but activities have a small fee. Activities include:
- Pumpkin Patch- Pick your own pumpkin (prices based on weight)
- Corn Maze- Get lost in the 10-acre corn maze
- Cow Train- Ride the one-of-a-kind Cow Train through the park
- Grain Train – Tour the park with your family on the tractor-drawn Grain Train
- Hayrides- Tour the park with your family on the tractor-drawn hayride
- Corn Cannon- Shoot an ear of corn through the cannon
- Inflatables- Jump and play in the inflatables
- Pony Rides- Saturdays only, weather permitting
Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park will not be open Halloween night. The park is located just north of the Sunshine, off West Bypass, at 3825 W. Farm Road 146. For more information, call the Farm Park at 417-837-5949 or visit parkboard.org.