Summer-long scavenger hunt promotes healthy living
Sample Springfield’s many free activities that promote physical and mental health this summer with the Passport to Health Living, and be entered into an Aug. 22 drawing for prizes, including a Real Pad provided by AARP of Springfield.
All ages are invited to pick up their own passport at sites throughout Springfield beginning May 26. Each family member is welcome to have one passport.
Using the passport as your guide, you can learn or experience the many fun – and tasty – resources that promote good health.
Here’s how it works: Follow the clues on each page to answer the questions as you explore all the local, healthy-living resources. Answer at least half of the 26 questions in your passport, and return it to one of the following locations by Aug. 8:
- The Library Center, 4653 S. Campbell Ave.
- The Midtown Carnegie Branch Library, 397 E. Central St.
- The Library Station, 2535 N. Kansas Expressway.
- Chesterfield Family Center, 2511 W. Republic Road
- Dan Kinney Family Center, 2701 S. Blackman Road
- Doling Family Center, 310 E. Talmage St.
- Mediacom Ice Park, 635 E. Trafficway
- Springfield-Greene County Botanical Center, 2400 S. Scenic Ave.
- WIC Clinic, 440 E. Tampa St.
Drawing winners will be announced at an ice skating party free to all participants and their families, from 10 a.m.-Noon, Saturday, Aug. 22, at Mediacom Ice Park, 635 E. Trafficway. Passport to Health Living is sponsored by AARP in Springfield, the Springfield-Greene County Park Board, Springfield-Greene County Library District, Community Partnership of the Ozarks and the City of Springfield.